Try it!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Holy Grail

I alluded to this earlier, but I was not totally idle this week. I probably screwed up my unemployment claim, but I was able to take advantage of the Great White Whale -- working from home. It almost never happens, because, frankly, firms don't trust contract attorneys to be diligent if they are out of sight of supervisors. Mostly, they figure we will sit around in our underwear, drink beer, and code about one document per hour.

The project I was on had a couple odd documents to be dealt with, and I got the call. Frankly, the stereotype hit two out of three -- I sat around in my boxers and drank beer. On the other hand, I was actually more productive at home than I am at work, possibly out of fear that somebody would think I wasn't productive enough. Go figure.

No comments: